Thursday, April 17, 2008

What a night!

So...last night was another one of those really fun nights! Okay, so night life with 3 kids is sometimes inevitable. Last night, was a good example. Well first off, Matt and I were kind of, well, stupid and watched a movie until like 12:30 in the morning. Then Brooklyn come tromping in our room at 2:30am saying that her legs hurt. So, I get her some Tylenol, get her back in bed, only to see that Landon is awake too. I tell them both to go back to bed, and climb back into my own bed. Then in a minute or less Brooklyn is back in my room, saying that Landon's legs hurt him too. I am like, "Brooklyn what are you doing out of bed, get back in bed." Then she starts crying, "But Landon's legs hurt him too." So, I am already really tired because I got woke up at a bad time. I go into the room and Landon tells me that his stomach hurts him. Which by the way he was sick with a high fever yesterday, and didn't eat like anything all day. So, I take his temp. and it was starting to come back, so I went and got some Tylenol for him and had him take it. No sooner does this happen...when guess what? Yes you got it...Jasmine wakes up! So, now I need to feed her. I go into her room and get her and start feeding her (for like a minute), when I hear Landon in his room, puking! Yes, I told you it was an eventful night. So, I break Jasmine off, needless to say she is screaming, I go in Landon's room and help him out. Luckily he had a bowl and was very good at using it. I have him go rinse out his mouth, and dump the puke out of the bowl. Now, normally I don't enlist the help of my husband in the middle of the night (he turns into a monster after he is asleep for the night), but tonight was an exception. So, I went and got Matt (although most of the work had already been done), and tell him what is going on, and he actually did a very good job of getting Landon back into bed, and getting some more medicine in him, since he threw up everything he had gotten. I continue feeding Jasmine and get her all tanked up and ready to sleep some more, then go climb back into bed myself. Now, it is like a little after 3:00am. I am now awake, but tired, so I fall back asleep. I am thinking at this point, oh wow, what a night. I get 2 hours of sleep, when I am woken up by Brooklyn screaming from her bedroom at like 5:30am. I go in to find that her sippy cup has fallen on the floor and she needs it. Of course I pick it up and put it back on her shelf on her bed (she sleeps on a lofted bed). I go back to sleep once again, and then I am woken up at 7:00 to feed Jasmine again. I suppose it could have been worse, like Landon could have puked all over his bed, or I could have been woken up a few more times, but seriously it was one of those challenging nights. However, I love my kids so much and feel so blessed that I am able to help them anytime they need it. They are all so sweet, and I realize how much they rely on me to guide them, and keep them safe, and make them feel better. Being a Mom is the most wonderful thing ever, I think I enjoy motherhood more and more every day. I could do without the restless nights, but it only helps me to realize the sacrifice and love that my parents had for me, and how much of a responsibility I have to raise my children and teach them the right things.

3 comments:

The King Family said...

The joys of Motherhood - gotta love em'.

lacey said...

What a fun night! I feel your pain, I think we've all been there. Sick kids are never fun, thank goodness the weather is getting nicer, hopefully all the ickyness will go away!!

DeeDee said...

Thanks for the invite, I love looking at blogs also! Jasmine is adorable! I am hope everyone is doing better and you were able to get some rest!
Keep smiling!