Thursday, September 25, 2008

I have been busy...

So, I have been busy cleaning out the garage and getting the yard all ready for the fall. Today I started to stain our fence...it has been partially stained, but was suppose to be completely stained like 60 days after completion...well that didn't happen, but we did get the parts stained that made it look like it was done. However, I am tired of having the finishing things in our yard not finished, so I have been trying to get them done. Landon and Brooklyn are all about the "painting the fence" thing. We started and then ran out of stain, and had to go to soccer practice. When we got back they were both like, can we go paint some more. So, I guess it wasn't so bad that it has taken us so long to get around to it, because now they can enjoy helping out!

However....my house is a complete disaster! I was just feeling like I was getting it to where I was "all caught up" with it and in a good routine, when I decided to start this big organizing rampage that I have been needing to do forever. It started with the toys in the basement..which I am still in the middle of. Then since the weather was so nice, I though I better get the things that I need nice weather for done, so I started on that, well our garage was a disaster, it was Matt's domain, and needless to say it never got done, so I started it on Tuesday, and finished it up on Wednesday (Matt did help me with it on Wed). Then moved on to the yard today, and have totally neglected the rest of my house...laundry, vacuuming, you know pretty much everything, so I guess that I will have to work on that once we complete the fence, hopefully tomorrow!

Well, I am going to go to bed now, but just thought I would post a little of what I have been up to this week. Hope everyone is doing well!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow sounds like you have been a busy bee! Just think how nice and content you will feel when it's all done. I gave up cleaning things very nice, cause I just always think we are going to move in a little over three weeks. So I have lost all motivation!

Unknown said...

Kristy, I once read a poem about a mother rocking her baby and looking at the cobwebs and dust. Esentially they had to wait, bacause babies need rocking, and babies don't wait. Your children and family a more important than things. You are well organized, and so are your children. They grow up a leave, but things just sit there and don't give you any love back.
Love Mom (Grammie)

lifeonthecoast said...

Wow! You have been busy! Sounds satisfying to accomplish so much. :-)