Sunday, October 5, 2008

Hike to Alberta Falls

We went on a beautiful hike to Alberta Falls. It was a mile up and then a mile back down. The kids did such a great job, they never asked to be carried, and were just great little hikers. In fact, they wanted to keep on hiking, but we had to dodge the bad weather. Actually Matt was such a good Daddy. The weather was starting to get questionable, and up in the mountains the weather changes so fast. We parked up by Bear Lake because there was no parking left in the Glacier Falls parking lot. So, this made our hike longer, but on our hike you could head back to the Falls parking lot, and it was downhill, and the way back up to our car was uphill. It was also .2 of a mile less to go back to the other parking lot. So as soon as the weather started to look bad, Matt left me with the three kids. Everyone that hiked past me thought I was a real trooper woman, but in reality my sweet husband booked it uphill all the way back to our car, so that he could drive back down to the other parking lot so that we hopefully wouldn't get poured on. It all worked out so perfect. Matt got back to the parking lot like 3 minutes before us and as soon as we got to the car door handle, it started raining, and snowing, and a freezing gust of wind. It didn't last long, but we sure were glad that we weren't hiking to our car still.

It was so incredibly beautiful on our hike. I kept thinking I was in a dream. I mentioned that I loved fall. Well, it couldn't have been any more perfect because I was with my sweet family, we had no distractions (except for the big rocks that we had to keep climbing, and that was okay), and it smelled oh so yummy. I not only love the colors that fall brings, but oh the smell, I just kept sniffing it in and taking in all the beauty that surrounded me. We had a great time.

4 comments:

lacey said...

That sounds SO fun. I remember going to Estes Park once for a track meet while I lived in Colorado, it was really pretty. I also remeber the track being covered in deer droppings! :) My kids love to go on walks/hikes too. Don't they amaze you sometimes with how tough they can be. I don't like hiking AT ALL, but my 3 year old would go everyday with daddy if he'd let her!

Emily said...

I love the hike to Alberta Falls, that was one of our favorites. It's so beautiul. I'm jealous :) Happy anniversary!

Unknown said...

Hi Dear Daughter,

So glad you enjoyed the stay. Mandy appreciated the thank you card so very much. We enjoyed your photos and comments. Love Dad

The King Family said...

That looks so fun! AND, you look so cute with your little baby pack. You are such a cute, little Mom. I sure miss ya and love ya to pieces. Give the kids a kiss for me.