Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving

I have so many things to be Thankful for, especially this time of year. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful husband and 3 amazing children. I learn so much from each of them everyday. I always strive to do my best, but know that there is always lots of room to improve on being the best wife and mother their could be!

We had a great Thanksgiving with lots of people. We hosted our first Thanksgiving at our house and had 22 people over! It was lots of craziness, and lots of fun, but all in all I think that everything went well! The food was amazing, thanks to my WONDERFUL husband who did such a wonderful job cooking. We both cooked, but I would say that he did more than I did in the food department. We made such a great team with cooking and cleaning though. After the yummy feast we ended up having 8 people spend the night with us for 2 nights. It was lots of fun, Landon and Brooklyn weren't ready for their cousins to go home. It was lots of fun to have them and Matt's Grandma spend some quality time with us. I am still trying to catch up on my sleep since we stayed up WAY to late every night. Then, on Saturday night I was up all night with sick little Brooklyn. She got the pukes, but I am happy to say she is doing much better now.

The next big thing I have to do is get out all of my Christmas stuff. I am so excited to get it all out, but not looking forward to digging through my storage to get to it. Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

(Sorry I have no pictures..we were to busy hosting to take any pictures of our own, but I know that some of our guests took pictures)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it went well! How was the turkey? Too bad the sick bug struck, huh? We're ready to see Twilight whenever you guys are..we actually ended up seeing it on Thanksgiving night with Josh's family, but I wanna go again-it's really good! Josh even liked it!

Aileen and Aaron Trost said...

Glad to hear it all went well, and glad to hear that Brooklyn is feeling better!

YouHaveHowMany? said...

We had so much fun! Thanks again for hosting our crazy family and for putting up with our antics.... :)

kelsey said...

What a fun Thanksgiving, hosting your family at your home! Sorry about Brooklyn, seems like the bug was everywhere!

The King Family said...

Way to go on the hosting! I bet you did amazing! AND, you are an amazing Mom and wife, I know it. You are the sweetest thing ever and I love you dearly. What a nice post! Happy Holidays!

Skipper said...

We had such an amazing time visiting you for Thanksgiving. We are glad that Grandma/Great Grandma Michel could spend time with you after the wonderfully delicious, crazy, dinner! Yes, those family dinners can be challenging as well as fun.
Love, Aunt Jan